Monday, August 29, 2011

The secret to success!


I hear from my various art friends all too often, 'I never get any sales on Etsy and eBay is slow.' Well it is true that it takes time and networking to get your shop out there and seen there are a few other little things you can do to boost your success.

The way to sure success-
Etsy- *Some wine consumption is recommended tho you don't have to tell the neighbors why they should toss back a few.* When the clock strikes midnight race outside stripping out of your clothing as you go while cawing like a crow. Dance nekkid around a white Aspen (yes the neighbor's tree will work fine) under the light of full moon while wishing on the pinkest star you can find and singing the theme to lamb chop. Sing loudly.

eBay- Place the shiniest penny you can find in the heel of your sock. Spend the day walking backward and avoiding every crack in the sidewalk (wearing you sunglasses on the back of the head helps with the avoiding). Once you're back home and just before you list, toss the salt over your left shoulder... Yes the whole thing of salt *Be sure no one is standing behind you. Well, no one you like anyway.*

I hope as I am a semi successful seller these tips work as well for you as they have me! If nothing else you should be able to get some really SHINY meds. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaa...well now, THAT is a novel idea, AmberGirl! If I try a few of these ideas--well, I'll never tell. (guffaw)

    ReplyDelete